Dr. Dave has been doing math and physics professionally for more than 20 years. He started with a BSc in Applied Mathematics at York University, then went on to become a geophysicist, specializing in mathematical modelling of physical processes in Earth's inner and outer cores. He continues to do scientific research on a contract basis, enjoys a community oriented life in the Beach area of Toronto, and has been a partner in a local retail shop.
His teaching career started at the post-secondary level with lecturing and tutoring in Earth science, engineering and mathematics courses. He later became interested in high school mathematics and spent a semester in the teacher training program at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), gaining valuable TDSB classroom experience and becoming involved in volunteer tutoring. In 2011, Dr. Dave became the mathematics specialist at the Toronto Public Library's HUB, a drop-in tutoring centre at Sanderson Branch for students in grades 6-12, and has volunteered for the TDSB's Adult Literacy and Basic Skills (ALBS) program.
Dr. Dave has been helping local high school students succeed since 2012.
- BSc - Applied Mathematics, York University
- MSc - Geophysics, University of British Columbia
- PhD - Geophysics, University of California San Diego / Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Courses and Workshops
- Educational Psychology
- Equitable Teaching in Mathematics
- Creating a Mathematical Environment
- Assessment in Science and Technology Investigations
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools to Help You Master Tough Subjects
- Toronto Police vulnerable sector record check approved in September 2011
- Music and digital audio
- Cycling and bicycle mechanics